Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cambodia pt. 1


New year, new destinations. First stop: Cambodia...Why Cambodia?

It has been a while since I have been in Asia ever since I moved from the Philippines in 2008, so going back made me feel really nostalgic and excited. Also I have never been in any other Asian countries besides the motherland, Cambodia being the first.
My trip to this beautiful country was a short one, 2 weeks to be exact thus the lack of destinations and variety of photos. However, 2 weeks surrounded with beautiful beaches, amazing weather and breathtaking sunsets was more than I could've asked for.
Being in Cambodia even for a short while has made my urge to travel, especially Asia, even greater. It's also made me miss my home country more than ever.
The small similarities between the 2 countries reminded me of the things I miss most about the Philippines. The food , the weather, the people and most especially the way of life.

I've been living in England for 7 years, having moved here in my adolescent years and becoming influenced with the Western way of life and now I'm used to it and it's now what's normal for me.
And that's why I love travelling, it challenges your 'normal' and shows you there's more to it.
Cambodia showed me how much I've become accustomed to England and its comforts after 7 years. 
And after seeing even just a little bit of this country, I already cannot wait to come back and see more of it. It's so full of history and culture and there's so much to see.
I'm a sucker for sunsets and Cambodian sunsets are right up my alley and a definite must see.

(Locations: Phnom Penh, Sokha Beach & Otres Beach, Sihanoukville)

Hope you enjoy these photos and stay tuned for part 2. Have a lovely week x

1 comment :

A Melody of your Lovely Comments. Thank You ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...