Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ghent, Belgium

Greetings my lovelies, I'm sorry for being MIA these past few weeks. I have taken a (semi) big step with my life in the form of moving out from my home comforts but I'll tell you more about that in a later post.

For now, I'd like to share these photos I took of the city of Ghent during the time I spent in Belgium just last year. 
It was one of the places we visited and one I would definitely recommend going to if you're ever in Belgium.
It's smaller than Brussels but at the same time feel as quaint as Bruges. The history and the architecture of Belgium is also very evident and magnificent as you can see the influence of Dutch in there too.
Whilst in Ghent, we visited the Gravensteen castle, which now serves as a museum inside of some of the torture devices and methods that were used to be used in the city and also some of the armory from the past.
(Location: Ghent, Belgium - 'Gravensteen' castle)
And from the very top of the castle, you can see a panoramic view of the city (see photos 1,2 & 3).
We also took a boat ride tour of the river to see the other attractions of the city from a different perspective, unfortunately I didn't take as many photos since it was raining but the tour was great nonetheless.

If you ever find yourself in Belgium make sure to visit this city. It's in between Brussels, Bruges and Antwerp so making a pit stop over would be no hassle at all and it will be worth it.

Hope you like these photos. Let me know, have you guys ever been to Belgium? If yes, which city/place have you been to and what place would you recommend to visit there?
xo

7 comments :

  1. Great pictures, great post. xoxo

    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been! These pics are really amazing, and loving the architecture!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos. Kiss kiss from France ♥, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been to Ghent, even though my parents live quite close to it. Lovely photographs! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete

A Melody of your Lovely Comments. Thank You ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...