Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's a Lash-Off

It's been a while since I've done a proper review of beauty items here, but let's change that.
Here's 2 mascaras that I'm sure all you beauty/makeup lovers would've heard off and maybe even tested out yourselves.
I've featured these 2 in my April Favourites and now let me tell you why.
Benefit's Roller Lash - this mascara has been floating around in the blogosphere since it's release and rightly so as it really is true to it's description: 
'It’s a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours.'

Pros: The plastic brush that differs from the normal mascara brush that I am more accustomed to really does hook onto the lashes and gives them a good curl thus rendering eyelash curlers redundant. It also allows you to get in the very nooks and crannies of your eyelashes with the bristles all the way to the end, always handy to get to those tiny and unreachable lashes.

Cons: Although the formula is not as voluminous as I'd like it to be, you can always layer it and add more to get the volume of your preference.
If you're using the mascara for your bottom lashes too, it eventually leaves a trail under your eyes after long wear so I'd definitely look out for that.

Benefit actually suggests that you use Roller Lash for a first layer to curl your lashes and top it off with their other best selling mascara 'They're Real' to get more volume but I find that you can just use any other normal mascara to layer with if you've got a tighter budget.

Price: Roller Lash retails for £19.50 which is in mascara world a little bit on the high price but worth every penny you spend on it.

Maybelline's Lash Sensational - alike Benefit's Roller Lash this mascara also gives the eyelashes a curl although not as much as the previous one. 

Pros: It's curved brush like it's famous sister 'The Falsies' also creates a good curled eyelash effect although I would recommend still using eyelash curlers for those with shorter lashes like myself. 
Similar to Roller Lash, the brush also helps you get in the very inner and corner lashes of your eyes.
Formula wise, I find it's more voluminous than Roller Lash and dries out slower than The Falsies.

Cons: Using it for your bottom lashes will guarantee a trail after a few hours, definitely some in just 3 hours so I'd recommend using another mascara for your bottom ones.

Price: Lash Sensational retails for 7.99 in drugstores which is over half the price less than Roller Lash. If you're after something cheaper then I'd definitely recommend trying this one.

Have you tried any of these items? Let me know what you thought of them? What's you favourite mascara, I'd love to know as I'm a mascara fan and I always love trying out new ones. xo

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, I bought these items with my own money and all opinions are my very own.

P.S. Don't forget there's a new video coming up tomorrow in my Youtube channel, it's a Spring haul mainly of beauty items and accessories so don't forget to subscribe to see.

32 comments :

  1. Lash Sensational is my absolute favourite mascara of all time :D I should try the Benefit one too! I've sub'ed on youtube :)

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the benefit mascara's specially they're real and i need to get the new one !
    http://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Maybelline mascara, I already tried one from benefit and I didn't like it at all.
    Xoxo

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try the Maybelline one, I have read many good reviews about it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to check out Roller Lash. I love lengthening mascaras without clumping. So it may be for me but I heard some people say it's not worth the hype. And Benefit is always really hyped, so I'm scared!

    doitfortheirony.com / creative lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Has helped my mascara making decision!

    v0guekisses.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the Maybelline mascara and I look forward to trying it! I don't normally have a problem with my mascara smudging so I guess we'll see!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review. I think I have the Benefit mascara in my freebies for Sephora. I look forward to trying it.

    xx Falasha

    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try them both! I'm actually a bit more excited about the Maybelline one because it's not as expensive as the Benefit mascara :)

    Lovely review!
    Valérie from Scribbles of Valérie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew the roller lash was so similar to the maybelline one. I'm not a massive fan of the maybelline mascara, it smudges so bad on me, but i'm sure the benefit one is better. xx
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post dear!!! Amazing blog! This is my new blog post http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! I always love the mascara's from Maybelline!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review. Great post!
    Good vibes Fox
    -www.wanderlife.tv

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice reviews, I want to try the benefit one for the curling.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to try them! I have been using L'oreal all my life lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried the Roller Lash mascara as well and I loved it! It really make the promises come true, at least for me haha

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried the Rollerlash but not the Lash Sensational! The Rollerlash was good but I don't think it was worth the money at all

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love to try this mascara, it looks great ;)

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cant live without mascara and a good one can take a while to find! Thank you for sharing, I love benefit cosmetics, but to me By Terry has the best mascara x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post my dear!!! This is my new blog post http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/ Follow you )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great review! Thanks!

    http://thegaragestarlets.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So refreshing to see a non-sponsored review. I think based on the info here Maybelline is still the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice review! I've tried so many mascaras, but I still haven't found this perfect one :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. i hate eyelash curlers, i always feel like i'm going to curl my eyeball! i would love to try that Benefit's Roller Lash.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to try this! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Roller Lash Mascara and completely agree with this post definitely worth the money!

    Melissa X

    www.melroseandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great review
    I love wearing mascara and this helps
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cool post :)

    howwtostyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have to try out both, as I'm currently searching for my new favourite mascara. I've been using some high-end products in the past, but when it comes to mascaras, I'm not sure it they make that much of a difference. Would like to try something cheaper. I'm not really convinced to this type of brushes, though. I've always used 'regular' ones.

    http://stylestandpoint.com

    ReplyDelete

A Melody of your Lovely Comments. Thank You ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...