Sunday, April 12, 2015

5 fruits & granola breakfast

I don't believe in resolutions but every year I tell myself I will cook more and put my learnt skills to practice instead of letting them go to waste.
I studied Professional Cookery for 3 years and though I am nowhere near a professional I'd like to think I know more than the basics.
This year, I decided to add a new section to this blog full of recipes and other things to do with health. They aren't going to be always healthy, just recipes I'll be trying here and there.
So I hope they become of use to you and at the end of the year, I'd like to see how much of that 'cook more' I've actually put into action.
To start in this section, I thought I'd do a very simple one: breakfast.
I know some people skip breakfast and don't really bother with them on some days, I'd know because I used to do it a lot but like every breakfast fanatic and health enthusiast will tell you, breakfast is a very important part of the day.
It really does affect your mood for the day especially if you have a good one.

This spring/summer has really inspired me to eat more fruits especially berries since they're in season.
Here's a recipe that is not only delicious but also healthy (with at least 4 of your 5 a day) and most importantly it's super quick and easy so there's no excuse at all to skip breakfast anymore.

5 Fruits and Granola Breakfast

•Blend 1 banana and 1 avocado together. Add a little bit of milk if the consistency is too thick. Sprinkle with Aduna Baobab powder* (optional).
•Top with your chosen berries and granola.
•Enjoy with a good fruit shake or hot fruit tea.

*A review of this coming soon

Let me know if you try out the recipe, I'd love to know what you guys think and if you take pictures I'd love to see them so tag me in '@marieljanina' :) Have a good week ahead lovelies xo

18 comments :

  1. Great! Thank you for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely gorgeous and simple to make too! I'm sure lots of people would enjoy this for breakfast :) x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious. I have strawberries, avocado and granola in at the moment. I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning! =D

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm, these all look delicious! I love avocado xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! This looks so yummy, I normally have porridge with chopped banana and frozen raspberries sprinkled on top for my breakfast which I love. But I am always open to new suggestions, especially when you say it is super quick and easy to do, just what I need in the mornings! x

    Miss Imogen Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. this seems to be so delicious and healthy !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to try this! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love granola, you can never go wrong with fruits and granola. <3 This sounds so yum and healthy!

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious! I love the idea of adding in avocado. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Mariel. x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Yum! This looks delicious!
    xx
    Coco
    http://mllecoconath.com

    Latest post:
    http://www.mllecoconath.com/reviews/2015/4/13/the-bell-jar-by-sylvia-plath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fresh fruit and granola is always delicious to me, and also yoghurt. Great post. <3
    /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks soooo delicious!!!

    x,
    Sophie from middleofyeswhere.blogspot.com -- blogging from nyc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Banana and avocado! Brilliant! I've never thought of that, but I just had to click and figure out where the green was coming from. I'm definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea!! :) Thanks for sharing!!
    Will definitely try to do this! :)

    xx,
    Regine
    www.ginnywhowanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

A Melody of your Lovely Comments. Thank You ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...